Volunteer at our Family Drop-in
Our Drop-in, by far, takes the longest to setup, put away and supervise. We have a core team that help with this, but are always looking for more to assist with various areas:
- Setup, arriving 12pm to 12:30pm, this involves some heavy lifting and arranging the play equipment in the three rooms (Sports Hall, Main Hall and Blue Room). This would only be suitable for a more able person.
- During the session: there are many areas here too
- Staffing the tea/coffee bar.
- Supervising the Sports Hall (soft play, bikes and trikes and football)
- Supervising the craft table
- Supervising the messy play table (if setup)
- Supervising the Main Hall (chill out corner, gaming corner, baby corner and sensory play)
- Supervising the lending library (ensuring books are properly signed out, signed in and not used as play toys!)
- Supervising the Blue Room, ensuring no-one enters when there is no activity is going on (doors shut etc.) and supervising when there is.
- Put away, often more difficult than setup as all the equipment has to go back into the cupboard, finishing at 5pm.
Some of our volunteers stay to assist with setup, during and after (from 12pm to 5pm), bringing lunch with them.