Covid-19 Update 2: Family Drop-in returns
- Breaking News: Our Swimming Programme is now re-starting. At this stage places are limited and have already been allocated.
- Our Family Drop-in continues, but the sessions will look a little different to pre-COVID-19
- Our SALT programme continues to run un-interrupted
- Our Sensory Music programme has temporarily joined the Family Drop-in, while we gear up for it’s return
We thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
Please continue to watch this website and our Facebook pages for further updates.
Nothing from May 20, 2022 to July 29, 2022.
Our sensory Music Programme is held weekly during term time.
The Sensory Music Programme is now held at the monthly Family Drop-in, usually from 3.30pm to close.
It can help to improve speech and language, fine and gross motor skill and enhances greater reasoning and promotes higher intelligence.
Our sensory music and rhythm session is held weekly during term time. Most children just love music and singing and these sessions offer lots of stimulation and plenty of fun. The class are taken by specialist music teacher Ruth Whitelaw, who runs the music program in Southdown Special School in Eastbourne. Ruth has many musical sensory and auditory techniques which help the children to develop their singing voices and rhythm, further improving their communication and enjoyment of music.
Involving children early on with music and singing is proven to:-
- Help and improve speech and language development.
- Stimulate fine and gross motor skills.
- Enhance greater reasoning and promotes higher intelligence.
The sessions are drop-in and there is no need to book.
Time: 4.30pm till 5.00pm Wednesday’s (Term time only)
Cost: £1.50 donation.